What kid doesn’t love Nutella? And what parent doesn’t feel at least a little guilty giving them a chocolate spread for breakfast? I have the guilt-free solution for you…this wonderfully creamy and satisfying chickpea-based Nutella.
The chickpeas bring added protein, fibre and other nutrients like folate, iron and manganese. This is a guilt-free indulgent snack, breakfast or even dessert!
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4-6 tbsp of maple syrup or honey (sweeten to taste)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the hazelnuts in an oven save pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the hazelnuts and the remainder of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add additional milk 1tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve on toast with fresh berries, hemp hearts and chia seeds, or as a dip for fresh fruit.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or divide and freeze half for another time.
- Keeps 1-2 weeks in the fridge, 4-6 months in the freezer.